Monday, December 8, 2008

5 Women in Utah....


In October we set the date for a Christmas shopping trip in Utah. We planned a weekend when all of the dads would be home to help with the kids, set the time and made out our lists. We left Saturday at 9:00 a.m. and we headed for Utah. First stop Tai Pan. Brandy and Ellen had never been there and for those of you that have... we spent three hours in that store alone. I should have known our purchases at Tai Pan would be enough to fill the car. But we carried on. Next stop Toys R Us and Target. This began the movement and shuffling of several bags, boxes and two lamps. Next stop Layton Mall and guess what, they were having a special sale in the mall that night and it was open until eleven p.m. Luckily, we checked into our motel and emptied the car before we hit the mall. The next morning we used Lori's expertise packing skills and it all fit. We were amazed! However, we still had a few stops-the Gateway Mall and we all know how it turned out. I was driving but Lori, Ellen and Brandy had bags around them and under their feet. When we got home we talked Jason into a photo, it is literally from floor to ceiling in that car. Breathing room only. We all agreed next time Brandy has to take her suburban. We had a great time, lots of laughter, great bargains and extended friendships. We have already planned for next year! Korena went too but she had to drive her own car because of work issues so she was already home when we stopped for this Kodak moment. I just want to say thanks to the girls I had a great time and I love you all! And a huge thank you to our fantastic husbands for holding down the fort and taking care of the kids while we shopped until the car was full!
Check out my cool shoes-we walked so much, the balls of my feet were killing me so Saturday night while at The Children's Place they had these pink lined crocks on clearance, thank goodness for small feet, they fit and I wore them. You would not believe how many people commented on my cool crocks. Yes, they were all positive. And I will wear them again, very comfortable.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dani said...

My mom and I just did that same trip last week! It was such a blast!
Neither one of us had been to Tai Pan before...when we walked in we didn't know where to start. We were in heaven! I just wish I had a house to decorate!!

That's awesome you got to make a girls trip of it...how fun!