Saturday, May 16, 2009

He is still a little boy...

Tonight our family went to Grandma's to help mow the lawn. Since it was such a warm evening Sayger asked to have an ice cream. Grandma keeps her freezer well stocked with assorted ice creams for those little mouths that enjoy a cool summer treat. He was sitting on the deck visiting with Grandma and had just asked her if her "feeder bird" had any visitors since she hung it up. At that moment a hummingbird zoomed past the feeder. Sayger sat up and excitedly told Grandma a rocket bird had just zoomed past her feeder. Grandma's eyes got bright as she repeated "a rocket bird!!"
The rest of the story.... When Sayger was younger he explained to Grandma in great detail that they were rocket birds because they had jets on their tails that helped them go so fast. We have giggled many times over the rocket birds. I'm glad he still has his childhood boyishness and calls them rocket birds.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Kim, I just wanted to thank you for video taping for us last night and also could you thank Kent(oops, Brother Kidd), thanks for taking pics of Brynn. I really appreciate it, because mine didn't turn out so hot!

Julee said...

Hey Kidd Family! I saw your link on Janiece Burgess' blog---I grew up in Spokane with her!! Small world! Check out our baby birds on my Just Jewels blog. They have been fun to watch! I've also got some projects posted---we're doing cutie flirty skirts! I've posted the pattern. School's almost out! Yipee! Talk to you later! Julee

Darrington Family said...

I love that he calls them rocket birds. Aren't boys fun. I sure am going to miss all the cute things my kids say. They grow up way too fast. Wish we could freeze them. The boys are having Stormie withdrawals. We need to have her over. She is so awesome and so good with the boys. We love her.

Darrington Family said...

I visit teach your mom and just love her. She is so fun to visit. We always talk about your family and funny things your kids do and say. You have a great family!