Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vampires????

The holes left in Sayger's mouth.
The loot from the tooth fairy, with "Fairy Dust" on it!!!
The three teeth pulled at the dentist.
Sore and numb mouth :(
Each summer I schedule a day in which we can all attend the dentist for check-ups and cleanings. Before we went to the dentist this time, he asked me to have Sayger evaluated for crowding. The orthodontist suggested three teeth be pulled. After our check-ups(from 8:30 until 1:00) I consulted with the dentist to discuss the teeth being pulled. He said they were all baby teeth and it would be fairly easy to pull them, in fact they may have time right now. To my surprise they took Sayger back and pulled his three baby teeth that very day. He was such a big boy and was so brave-unlike me-I hate the dentist and any kind of dental work!! They brough him out about 45 minutes later and gave me instructions to keep him down and only soft foods for a couple of days. I was little confused since they were just baby teeth but figured it must be because they pulled three. That is until they showed me the teeth in the little treasure box he held. I almost fainted when I saw the size and it must have shown on my face because the nurse immediately began explaining that the baby teeth they pulled had not lost their roots yet so they had to pull the entire tooth. Because of the deep holes Sayger had to lounge all day and could not play or run around, blood clots had to solidify, if they didn't it would be bad and painful for my little man. We parked him downstairs with his PS2 and a milkshake. He was pretty good until later that evening and then became miserable and just wanted to sit with me. I was glad to hold and comfort him and hoped it would feel better the next day. When he woke up he was thrilled to see money under his pillow but was even more excited to see "Fairy Dust" all over the pillow, the money, his bedspread and him. It was the highlight of the entire event plus his mouth felt much better. That tooth fairy is pretty cool!!!




1 comment:

Life of a Girl said...

Holy shnickees buddy, those are some big ole teeth! Atleast he will have a little bit of an idea of what it will be like when he gets his wisdom teeth pulled! I am very impressed, I am like your mom I hate the dentist and would rather have nothing to do with him, but I brave it so I don't look like the rest of the rednecks here in Texas. There are just certain things that I would rather not do to fit in!!!